Day 150

1:22 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »


I HATE UGA Parking Services. Hate them. Why? Because they decided not to give me a parking permit for this coming school year. Instead, I'm on waitlists. About five or six of them.

I applied for a parking spot in North Campus because, hey, that's where all my classes are, so it makes sense, right? I put my name down for 7 lots and figured that I'd get into at least one of them - especially the ones that are farther away. However, I was wrong. For my desired lot, I am 906 on the waiting list. The best chance I have of getting into a North Campus lot is for N02, where I am 259.

Needless to say, this freaked me out. I have to have a parking permit - I'm not on the UGA bus line at my apartment, and it's certainly way too far to walk. So, I called UGA Parking. Apparently there are no available lots. The best chance I have is the Carlton Street Deck, in South Campus.



My classes are at A. My parking spot, should I even get one, since I am 15th on the wait list, is at B. To give you an idea of how large this space is, (sorry the picture's so small), there's a green circle surrounded by a brownish circle about half way up and to the right. That's Sanford Stadium. So, as you can see, this is a REALLY long way from where I need to be.

So, I decided to call downtown Athens and see if I could get a spot in one of the parking decks there. Three. Year. Wait list. THREE YEARS! So that's not going to happen. There are, however, three lots that will probably be available by September (even though I start school in August). If you look at the first map, the red box at the top is where my parking spot would be. I'd have quite a ways to walk to get to campus... yay.

However, Randa came to my rescue, and is willing to let me park at her apartment and walk to the UGA bus line. It's still a long way to walk, but it's a lot better than having to rely on the Athens Transit System, which is really unreliable and would make me late to class pretty much every day.

Ugh... this is unneeded stress. I'd rather be reading about 1580s English Society than having to deal with this. So I think I will.

0 comments: