Day 176

3:31 PM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »


I HATE Apple. Hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

A couple days ago, I started walking after school. I tried running, but realized I'm way too out of shape for that, so, for now, I'll walk--3 miles total, from my apartment to Five Points in Athens and back. It helps if I have upbeat, fast-paced music because I figured out that I walk at the same tempo of the song (thank you, marching band). To make my walking easier and more fun, I made a "work out" playlist in iTunes to put on my iPod. I plugged in the USB cable to add the playlist to my iPod, and... nothing. Even though my laptop recognizes that my iPod is connected, iTunes doesn't. It won't pop up under "devices", won't do... anything.

So, I turned to the internet. I tried all they suggested: I reset the iPod, put it into disk mode, uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, restarted my computer, all of it. And still, nothing. I've looked all over the Apple website, and none of their suggestions worked. So, finally, I decided to talk to customer service, and that was just the cherry on top.

YOU HAVE TO PAY TO TALK TO SOMEONE ON THE PHONE.

I apparently do not qualify for free phone support, so for the small price of $29, I can purchase a single incident plan so I can just talk to one of their illustrious Apple Experts. Gee, I didn't realize how important their time must be!

So, I'm going to have to drive down to the Apple Store at the Mall of Georgia--about an hour away. If they tell me I have to pay to have it looked at, I'm going to take a rusty spoon, scoop someone's eyeballs out, and crush them. Then, I'm going to pour salt into their eye sockets. And you know what? I'll enjoy every blessed minute of it.

2 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

It probably costs so much because you'll most likely end up talking to someone in India who you can't understand anyway because of his heavy Indian-accented English.

Have fun with that spoon!

Lacey said...

Ha! This was really funny, even though I feel really bad for you. :-)

I hope you get it figured out!