Day 178

11:24 AM Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »


At this very moment, I am sitting in the UGA library, patiently waiting for the little numbers on the clock to say 12:00 PM. Why, you may ask? Well, this past Saturday I took a practice LSAT, which is the admissions exam for law school (like the SATs, but ten times harder and WAY more important). At noon, the Kaplan Center opens (they administer the test), and I can pick up my scores.

I went into this test with absolutely NO preparation whatsoever. I wanted to see what my base score was, so I would not exactly what I needed to work on, what my strengths are, and to just get a idea of what I'm facing. I have no clue how well (or how badly) I did. No idea. But I'm still really, really nervous.

I know it's just a practice test. But the thing about the LSAT is this: it's not like the SAT. In high school and while applying to college, a good GPA could counterbalance a poor SAT score, because the SAT score is a standardized test used to measure how much you've learned over the course of your education. The LSAT, however, is different--it shows your aptitude for thinking like a lawyer. A good GPA will demonstrate that you're a good student. But a bad LSAT score can mean that you just don't have the mental capacity to think like an attorney needs to, so I could have a 4.0, and it wouldn't matter.

What if I do get a low score? I don't have a backup plan to law. I know that's not the greatest idea, but I honestly don't know what else to do with my life. A history degree is useless, really, unless I want to go into teaching (which I definitely DON'T). If I can't think like a lawyer... how could I succeed in it?

I'm probably just being paranoid, especially since I didn't study for it at all. But still. It's a pretty nerve-wracking thing.

OH! And I found a different apartment that I want to live in. It's GORGEOUS... and also $50 more than I pay now.



The other place I was looking at is a 2 BR/2.5 bath townhouse. It has a working fire place, storage shed, built in bookcases, and a dining room. The bedrooms are humongous. However, it's also older, and each of them have been updated differently. There's a master bedroom and a regular one, with the bathroom in the regular one having a stand-up shower that's really tiny, instead of a full bath (which I believe would lead to an interesting situation with figuring out who gets which room...). This new place was once a 4 bedroom apartment that has been remodeled within the last couple years. It has a private study. A walk-in closet. A huge bathroom. It is also in a better location, close to public transportation (which my hopefully future roommate will be needing), has a clubhouse/pool/weight room, and modern, stainless steel appliances. And did I mention it's pretty? I want to live there.

I just hope that I can convince my father to pay more and that my roommmate (if she decides to live with me) can afford it too.

1 comments:

Lacey said...

I'm sure you did just fine on your practice test, I can't wait to hear how you did! Fingers crossed for you!