Day 181

12:09 AM Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »


This is my new computer! It's a 14" Sony Vaio with a Core i3 processor. It has 4GB of RAM and a 500GB hard drive. There are lots more specifications, of course, but I have no idea what any of them means. I know that I can play the Sims on it, it has Bluetooth, and it works. I have completely Stephanie-ized it--Google Chrome has a flowers theme and Shaun White is my background. I have to say, it's nice to just have the dang thing and not have to worry about it anymore!

I'm still getting used to it. The buttons are a little more spaced apart on the keyboard, so typing feels a little odd. I don't know what some of the buttons do--(what does the Vaio button do?? Or the Assist button? What is Evernote?) But I'm confident I'll figure it out. I thought Sony laptops weren't very good, but according to the sales associates, Sony is one of their best products. Since the Boy was with me, who used to work at that Best Buy, I trust them--he hooked me up with the non-sketchy sales people, who wouldn't try to screw me over.

I also got a pink wireless mouse to go with it, and with the extended warranty plan (which would let me drop it in a pool, and they'd have to fix it), it only cost about $130 for the whole thing. Thank you, Best Buy no-lemon policy (if you bring it back 4 times, they'll junk your computer out as a lemon. Then you get a new one, pretty much free of charge.) Even after all the stressing... I kinda like this one =]

And yes, I know, I'm slacking on Valentine's Day pictures. BUT, I will soon have ALL of my pictures off of my external hard drive permanently stored on the new laptop, and then will promptly (well... I do have two tests and am going to an Atlanta Thrashers hockey game this week. So as soon as I can) post pictures and share about them. Really. I will.

0 comments: