Day 190

2:12 PM Edit This 6 Comments »


Crab rangoon! This dish is one of my favorites at a Chinese restaurant, and I've come to judge the quality of the restaurant based on how good the crab rangoon is. Sadly, here in Athens... well, the restaurants all fail. I went to two or three different places (there aren't too many Chinese places to choose from, sadly), and none of them passed the test. So, I just focused on other cuisines--Japanese, Italian, or just plain American.

There's a place next to the East Side Walmart in Athens that I kept noticing--Golden Sun. It looked really sketchy, but I've learned that often the better Chinese restaurants are the ones that look a little dingy on the outside. (You always want to check the health inspection grade though, just to make sure). This Sunday, I decided to try Golden Sun, and... voila! Finally! Good crab rangoon. My Athens restaurant life is complete.

6 comments:

GPS cell phone said...

i love this blog!good news!
bluetooth mp3 sunglasses

Unknown said...

Crab rangoon? It looks like deep fried dumplings. YES DEEP FRIED DUMPLINGS, which I love, I know its way wayy wayyy not healthy but when you're still young, how can you NOT resist?!

Lacey said...

Mmmmm! It looks delicious! I've never had Crab Rangoon, now I'll have to try it!

GPS cell phone said...

I know its way wayy wayyy not healthy but when you're still young!!china wedding dress

Michael said...

Mmmmm, what good taste you have. Haha.

Litsa said...

I like your blog keep up the good work.
If you like Greek food visit my site
http://greek-taste.com