Day 194

10:58 PM Posted In , Edit This 6 Comments »


So I'm on this new health kick. Okay, it's actually an old health kick that I keep kicking to the curb when I get tired of it. But this time, I'm going to stick to it. My mother and I have made an agreement with each other that we'll do something good for ourselves physically at least once a day. In my case, I've started walking for an hour on the treadmill. She is walking on the track at the college she works for.

Another component to this is eating healthier. This part is hard for me in particular, because I'm really picky. I don't like vegetables, really, and the only fruits I like are peaches and apples. My biggest problem isn't sugar (although I do have a big sweet tooth), it's carbs. I LOVE bread. And potatoes. And pasta. Other than steak, which isn't the greatest for you, carbs encompass some of my most favorite dishes, and that's what I have issues controlling.

Since I know that I can't completely overhaul my eating habits--I've tried and failed many times--all I can do is try to scale them back some. Get something baked or grilled, instead of battered and deep-fried. So, I thought I would share one of my new foods with you.

It's nothing earth-shattering, and I'm sure many people have heard of it. I take low-carb cinnamon graham crackers and cool whip, and do one of two things:
  1. Take two whole crackers and put cool whip in the middle. Freeze it overnight for a different version of the ice cream sandwich!
  2. Take two graham crackers and break them in half. Take cool whip and spread it over each cracker half.
I like to use the strawberry-flavored cool whip, but the regular is just as good. Next time you want a dessert, you should try it--it's tasty and guilt-free!

Do you know any of low-calorie goodies that don't involve rabbit food?

6 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

'They' say that when you're craving something sweet or salty, eat a pickle. It has both flavors going for it and it'll satisfy you. I've tried it and it works. Of course, it only works if you like pickles.

Greener Bangalore said...

wow mouth-watering Stephanie!

Stephanie said...

Yeah... I don't like pickles. I know, I know, I'm impossible. My mother swears we're somehow not related--all she eats is salad! But it's a really good suggestion!

GPS cell phone said...

wow mouth-watering Stephanie!wholesale 3g cell phone

Michael said...

I actually have a whole bunch of graham crackers that I haven't eaten yet... thanks for the good idea. :)

Candace said...

Came across your blog the other day. Tried your graham cracker snack... It's fabulous!!