Day 159

11:16 PM Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »


I have mushrooms in my plant.

My mother has a green thumb. Seriously, she can grow anything--she even saved a tomato plant that my dog ate until nothing was left but a little stick. I have never taken care of plants before. I water them from time to time when I'm at home, but for the most part that's my mom's domain, not mine.

To make my apartment look homier and warmer, Mom bought me three plants--two for inside the apartment, and one to go next to the front door. I'm supposed to water the indoor ones once a week, and the outdoor one twice a week, since the heat and sun makes the water evaporate faster. When I went to water the outdoor plant on Thursday, I noticed something... there were giant mushrooms growing everywhere!

Mom says this is because it's getting too much water, but I'm just doing what she told me! One Big Kahuna's cup worth of water twice a week. So instead of forgetting to water it, I've somehow managed to cultivate mushrooms. Great.

1 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

Start a home-based business selling them. lol!

Thank you for doing the Red Cross thingie! I hope you keep clicking like nobody's business. : )