Days 102-110

12:19 AM Posted In , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I've been a bad, bad blogger... I'm so sorry for my disappearance in the past week. Busy as usual! So since it's bee so long, I'll just group the days together with a picture or two, that way this won't be a novel instead of a post.

Days 102-104





Last weekend was Sister Retreat with my sorority, so we rented out this huge house up in the mountains. We spent the weekend laying out by the pool, lounging in the hot tub, eating huge amounts of sugar, and basically just getting some relaxing time away from Athens and school work. I managed to sunburn my legs to a nice lobster-ish color, even after putting SPF 30 on them, but I think it was definitely worth it! Sunday I went home (my house is on the way back to Athens), and my parents and I went to see State of Play (very good movie) and out to eat at Chili's.

Days 105-107





Monday through Wednesday was Initiation Week for the new Xi Delta sisters. They went through several different ceremony/ritual/tradition-like things. Monday was a lot less involved - only for older sisters, so I was exempt. Tuesday was Inspector Xi Delta, which is a scavenger hunt around campus (but we can't call it a scavenger hunt, because apparently that's hazing) that ended in a really long drive to the middle of no where, also known as the roommate's house for a cook out and marshmallow roasting. Wednesday was the family dinner (big sisters and little sisters), but my family adopted three others who didn't have little sisters this semester. We had a picnic in a park, with sandwiches, pigs in a blanket (which I made in the dorm kitchen... fun), chips and dip, and those really tasty bumblebee cupcakes! Later on that night was the inititation ceremony. We have 4 new sisters!

Day 108



Thursday I went to a hibachi grill called Inoko for a friend's birthday. This was our group!

Day 109





Friday was a pretty awesome day too. Miranda and I went to the 2009 Yaarab Shrine Circus and Carnival. My dad is a member of the Shriners, so he got us in for free =]

Day 110



Today the roommate and I moved partially out of our dorms! We had to de-loft our beds (take them down from being up high), meaning the futon, fridge, microwave, etc that was under the bed had to go. I took the opportunity to move out the things I'm not currently using as well. Only two weeks left until I'm out of the dorm for good! Later, my mom and I went to Olive Garden for a celebratory lunch where I had this awesome lemon cream cake =]

0 comments: