Day 20

2:04 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »


So I completely forgot to write a new post yesterday. I don't even have a good excuse that I was really busy or anything... it just completely slipped my mind.

Anyway, what you see above is just one of the pieces of my new bathroom fixtures. That one in particular is going to be my fancy new toilet paper holder- shiny, isn't it? My dad is in the process of repainting and upgrading our house to eventuall sell it. He's been in the process for... oh, say... five years or so? He began by painting our sky blue house yellow, and turned the trim from cream to white. He didn't finish it before winter hit though, so we had a half blue and half yellow house for several months. Then he moved to the inside- painted my room and the master bedroom a pale green (Mom copied my color choice), then did the dining room as well. Eventually he repainted the master bath green as well. That was probably 3 years ago. Now, he's finally getting around to my bathroom, which will be green as well, and hence the new bathroom stuff.

We'll also finally be getting new carpet, possibly hardwood, and the living room, which has spackle on it from changing the type of curtain rods we had about 14 years ago, will be repainted too. I really don't want my parents to sell our house. I've lived here almost my entire life, and I have no memories of any other place. Both my parents moved around during their childhoods, so I don't think they realize that, to me, this is home, not just some house I happen to live in. But oh well.. it'll free up some money and make them happier. So long as they don't move to Florida like my dad keeps talking about, it should be just fine.

0 comments: