Day 67

1:28 AM Posted In , Edit This 1 Comment »


Today was my day to relax, and I rather enjoyed it. However, what I didn't mention previously, is that our house is still being remodeled - the new carpet is in, and looks great, but the tile in the kitchen and laundry room is in progress. What's that mean? Well, that means that our hot water heater, washing machine, and dryer are sitting in a hallway and are not hooked up. So, after a long day of flying yesterday and today, we have no hot water to take a shower with. I don't get to take full advantage of my spiffy redone bathroom up there. Really not cool. I love showers. God bless the man who thought of spitting hot water out of a faucet over our heads - and I really wanted to take one.

Fortunately, I have friends with apartments who love me, so I bummed shower from one today and yesterday. Tomorrow we're supposed to get it hooked back up, and I can't wait. Not the washing machine though, so it'll be off to a laundromat to wash all the dirties before I head back to school - should give me plenty of time to catch up on my Sigmund Freud reading. Joy.

1 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

There's nothing like a HOT shower! I think I'm getting one of those rain showerheads next week. My current one is pretty pathetic.