Day 73

10:59 PM Posted In , , Edit This 2 Comments »


Introducing my new favorite lotion in the world: Jergens! I don't know how I hadn't tried this stuff previously, because I've definitely been missing out. Within one day, my hands and legs went from scaly-winter-dry to the exact opposite - I think they must've stolen its recipe from Hogwarts, cause there's no way normal people thought this stuff up. It's like crack for skin!

Another beautiful day today - 74 degrees and sunny, the perfect skirt and flip flop weather (even if the legs are a bit pale). I managed to hit the "disable" button instead of the "snooze" button on my alarm clock, so I slept through my first class. Since it was German, I didn't feel too awful about it. After classes were done, I had dinner with my future roommate, and we caught up on news and all that. Now I'm back in my room and have watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Sister Act.

I also somehow got Ave Maria stuck in my head today, which I sang in chorus about 3 years ago. Singing it off and on all day made me nostalgic for chorus. I love to sing, and did so every day in class for 7 years, so it's a big change to just stop that. So, I started looking up songs we sang on YouTube. My high school chorus teacher was a big nerd and loved the game Civilization IV, so we performed a really cool African song called Baba Yetu that played in the game. I've listened to this song nonstop for roughly the past hour =]

2 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

That is and cool song...and video!

Randa said...

You have an awesome roommate and that's why you tried that lotion!

:0]