Day 80

12:39 AM Posted In , Edit This 2 Comments »


Tonight, the Film Appreciation Society had a screening of Casablanca. I'd never seen it... and I have to say, I really liked it! I don't think I've ever actually watched a black and white movie before. Most of the older movies I watch are musicals and in color (think Fiddler on the Roof and My Fair Lady). It's nice to know where all those famous tag lines came from (here's looking at you, kid, for instance), and where that scene at the beginning of some movies that is an anti-movie pirating campaign was taken from. And it was funny! Best of all, the only thing this cost me was a walk down the street - gotta love free entertainment!

Other than that... well, it monsooned today, and I didn't even realize it was raining, so I didn't have any rainboots. Even with an umbrella and raincoat, I was soaked to the knee just from walking from the bus to class. My German Culture class was cancelled though, apparently due to some kind of dental emergency on my professor's part, which just made me day. Then I took my Latin American history test, before which I finally broke down and asked my professor for help. It hurts me to do that, because I shouldn't need help, I should be fine on my own, but I'm glad I went. I guess high school really is different from college!

2 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

Once I got to college, I realized how much high school was more like baby-sitters than educators. lol!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, that's one of my favorite movies. I love Humphrey Bogart. My favorite old movie of all time is Sabrina, with Audrey Hepburn. Check it out sometime. :)