Day 74

10:08 PM Posted In , , Edit This 1 Comment »


Warm weather makes me happy. So do skirts and tank tops. Friday had both! After class, the roommate and I decided to take advantage of the first day of spring to walk around downtown, something we've been wanting to do for some time now. We went in a few extremely-overpriced boutiques and came to the conclusion that our money was much better spent on something we both love - food! After trying in vain to find someplace new to eat, we went to the fallback restaurant, an Italian cafe called Amici's. Since we'd been there so many times, we both tried a new dish and had their desserts for the first time - peanut butter blast and creme brulee cheesecake (both of which were culinary heaven incarnate). Unfortunately, I left my sunglasses on the table... but I'm going to pick them up soon, so no harm done!

One of the stores we went in downtown was Junkman's Daughter's Brother, and I could probably spend hours there. They had delightful finds such as a randomly large shoe, Chewbacca's decapitated head, rabbit suits, Chinese hats, African drums, and lots more. I'll definitely be going back =]

After walking around, I drove home for the night. I was originally going to stay the whole weekend in Athens, but my dad had fairly extensive rotator cuff surgery, so I went home to see him and help my mom. He's an awful patient... stubborn as hell and grumpy. Recovery, apparently, takes roughly a month. My poor mother...

1 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

Not to mention men are wimps when it comes to pain. ; )