Day 54

1:03 AM Posted In , , Edit This 7 Comments »

I made a cake! Okay, it was still technically from a box, and I didn't make the frosting myself... but there were layers! And decorative icing! It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it's my first real cake, and I'm very proud of myself.



My dad's birthday is Monday, so we celebrated today with steak, cake, and prizes. Which means.... drum roll... we are now using our fully updated telephones! I feel like I have put one foot through the door of the 21st century. Telephones down, TV next. It's getting there, slowly. The picture flickers like crazy when you turn it on. I thought that maybe, just maybe, today might be the day it finally died, but no such luck. It was just taunting me, the evil bastard.




This is my ancient television... and yes, I'm watching the Britney Spears movie. Don't judge me. But do you see my problem? It's literally older than me!

Other than making my fantabulous cake, I moved lots and lots of boxes and furniture out into the garage today. Again.. we have so much crap! Our garage is over half full, so no parking inside, and it rained a lot today. To be funny, my dad brought a worm in and chased me with it. He's not a nice man.

7 comments:

Michael said...

Wow, that is an old telly.
The cake is lovely, and the steak sounds yum :)

Michael.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Men and their (supposed) sense of humor...

Stephanie said...

That's because this TV is from 1987, and they don't make things like that anymore. With good reason, I believe!

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a TV like that one day, just for its sheer antiquity!

America's Next Top Mommy said...

Hey there! I gave you an award on my blog. Come and see!

Shila Shila and Cult Jam said...

Does a remote even work on that?

Stephanie said...

Oh the remote... if I was at my house, I would take a picture. Because this TV is so old, it only goes up to channel 60, but we have more than 60 channels, so we have to use the tuner on a VCR (also at least 15 years old) to get to the higher channels, meaning we have to use two remotes to watch TV. Well, my dad kept losing either one or the other, so he taped the two together using double-sided tape...

Also, because it's so old, it was around when I was teething. It still has my bite marks, and I even chewed the 9 button in half.