Day 76

10:45 PM Edit This 0 Comments »


This picture pretty accurately describes my day. Pedicures, shopping, and my passport!

Today was Parents' Day for my sorority. Mine did manage to come, even with my dad's surgery - he just took lots of pain pills and wore his sling. I had originally planned to walk them through North Campus, which is the most historical and interesting part of UGA, but Dad didn't feel up to it, so we just drove around it some, and I showed my mom my future apartment, which she hadn't seen yet. I was really glad they came. It's nice to have them see what I do and where I am every day, since they can't be here all the time.

After my parents left, Miranda and I went to get our toes done because, well, they needed it. Walking pretty much everywhere is not conducive to pretty feet, and after a while all that dry skin starts to crack and really hurt. Fortunately, a very nice Asian woman fixed that problem. Because it was, again, a warm, sunny day, we felt like being out and about, going over to Old Navy for some new flip flops and, unintentionally, a new skirt because it's comfy, and I convinced myself I needed it. We went in Barnes and Noble, too, since it's right next door, and I was out of reading material (which is unacceptable!).

Miranda also showed me the apartment she will hopefully be living in next year. It's literally just down the street and within walking distance of mine. I think it's meant to be - she didn't even know where I was living when she found it! Fate? I'm thinking yes.

When I got back to the dorm, I found that my passport had come in the mail. I'm that much closer to England! Then I did German homework and watched a cheesy horror movie before the roommate came back from her weekly Sunday meeting. She brought back a ginormous box of Goldfish, which we've been munching on ever since. Now I think I'll start my book =]

0 comments: