Day 30

10:50 PM Posted In , Edit This 3 Comments »


I would kill for some breadsticks from Olive Garden. I am extremely susceptible to effective advertising - one commercial, and I'm craving them like crazy. It doesn't help that our room has smelled like Italian for a few days from the leftovers the roommate brought home.

In other news... I despise German. I've spent roughly three hours today doing pointless busy work in the form of a workbook, and I know my professor will just give me a grade for doing it. I hate that I have to take 4 semesters of it. Two out of my three years of college will be spent in a class I can't stand. Lovely.

Also, it was colder today than Georgia has a right to be without snow, and, therefore, cancelled classes. While it was a balmy 17 degrees when I left at 9:45 this morning, with the wind chill it felt like 6. Six degrees. Six. That's almost zero. And who missed the bus and got to walk in it? That's right. Me. I felt like one of those ice sculptures by the time I got to class... which was German! So my morning was peachy. My philosophy class did get cancelled, which was nice though. Although that means I sat in the library for two hours waiting for a cancelled class to start... but I shouldn't complain. Now off to do more homework. Yay!

3 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

Why German? Is it mandatory for your major or something?

I'm glad I chose Computer Science. There were times when lightning struck the building and we were the only ones whose classes were cancelled. lol!

Stephanie said...

I have to take either 4 semesters of one language, or I can take 2 of one language and 3 of another. I took up to German III in high school, so I already have background in German, which is better than starting over. I just think it's really, really pointless, and there's a lot of homework that goes with it.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Unless you get a job in Germany, or work for a German car company. ; )