Day 41

9:32 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »


Today has been an amazing day. I had a really weird dream that woke me up around 9:30 (something involving monkeys, coconut bombs, and tigers...), so I was able to actually relax a bit before I had to drive back to Athens. After driving on the most boring stretch of road in the country and unpacking my laundry, I attempted to give myself a pedicure. I didn't do the best job in the world, but at least it doesn't look like I've been living barefoot in the jungle for the past 8 years anymore. Overall, a vast improvement.

Then, the guy came to pick me up to go see Slumdog Millionaire, which was, I have to say, a really good movie. I was skeptical at first, because more often than not I don't like the Oscar nominated movies, as they tend to be kinda out there. And who would think that a movie based on the Indian version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" would actually be a decent show? Not me.. but I liked it. Go see it.

The guy was amazing. He actually opened the car door for me, which shocked me - I've never gotten the gentleman treatment before. There was a steady stream of conversation (I found out he had an attack turkey as a child... and no, I'm not kidding), and he's really fun to talk to, even though he needs to learn to enunciate for people like me who are practically deaf/have selective hearing. We didn't get to go to dinner unfortunately, because the movie ran long, and he had a meeting he had to go to, but that's alright... mostly because it practically guarantees a second date =]

I ended up having dinner with one of our pledges at a place called Your Pie. It's a pretty good pizza place that had the most amazing gelato - the vanilla bean tastes like straight-up cake batter. I was quite satisfied. So now I'm sitting here, fat and happy, about to start on my lovely paper again.

Let's hope this was a great start to a great week!

Oh, almost forgot, I got an award:



The Rules:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your awards.

Awards go to:
J.J. in L.A.
Of course, my roomie from 365 Days
America's Next Top Mommy
Majority of Two
Wardrobe Oxygen

0 comments: