Day 39

11:36 PM Posted In , , Edit This 3 Comments »


As you can see, this is one of those road side hot dog stands. What you can't tell, though, is that the background of this picture is the Old Athens Cemetary, where some of the most respected and well-known university alumnae are buried. I see this almost every day when I go to class, and the juxtaposition of Lawanda's Dawgs against a historic site like this just gets me thinking... where is the next hot dog stand going to be?

Anyway... I killed my history test today. Napoleon, you are vanquished again, and it was by yours truly! That's what I hope, anyway, as I don't have my grade back. For all I know, I failed miserably and am a poor excuse for a history major. I did, though, have a pretty kickin' answer for the revolutionary dinnerware question... which only maybe two people in the entire world would know about. Ah, the useless information I seem to acquire will never fail to astound me.

On to the rest of my day - I didn't have philosophy today, which was just amazing, and I picked up my information packet on Oxford! I was originally planning to stay in Athens this weekend, but because I'm the most awesome roommate ever, I decided to give the roommate private access to the room for Valentine's Day, the romantic atmosphere of which would be completely ruined by my half-crazed mutterings about turn on the century Mexican sports paper I'll be writing tomorrow.

I will be going back earlier this weekend though - Sunday morning, instead of Sunday night, all because... drum roll... I have a date! I'm going out with this great guy in the afternoon to a movie and probably some kind of food, and I can't wait. I think I finally found somebody up to, what I have figured out are, my high standards. I only want someone who I have things in common with, can make me laugh, can hold an intelligent conversation, and who is reasonably attractive. That's just what every girl wants, right? Well, this guy seems to fit the bill to a tee, so I'm excited to see how things work out. Tonight, he called (when he said he would, which, I have to say, shocked me) and we talked for twenty mintutes. The only person who will find this as great as me would be Miranda, who knows that, outside of her and my parents, I don't talk on the phone. Ever. Give me texting, IMing, or Facebook any day of the week over the phone. I'm not really sure why... I usually just run out of things to say, and there's an awkward silence so I start rambling. Then there's the awkward goodbye and the awkwardness of accidentally talking at the same time... really, for me, it's just an awkward experience. But not this time! Twenty minutes of uninterrupted conversation about really random stuff. I'm not going to get my hopes up about things, as past disappointments have taught me, but still... he gives me butterflies =]

3 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

You're such a good roommate...and good luck with your date on Sunday!

Stephanie said...

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have good news to report

Randa said...

I would like to point out that I asked that you leave. You were awesome to say yes.

:0]

And you'll do amazing on the date! I'm rooting for you!