Day 46

10:44 PM Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »

UGA Law School

Well... I fell asleep. I tried really hard not to, but after pigging out at CiCi's Pizza, as well as not getting a lot of sleep last night, I crashed as soon as I get hit the couch.

I've had a fairly eventful past couple of days. I've just been going to class, doing homework, that sort of thing. Today, though, I got bored in between classes and started looking up various law schools. Mostly I was comparing UGA Law and Emory, my top two places of where I want to go. I have every intention of applyng to Yale and probably either Columbia or NYU just for kicks and giggles, but I don't know if I'd get in, and if I didn't, then I need to stay at a school in Georgia because I've been told that you go to a school where you want to practice. I looked up UGA first - it's ranked No. 32 in the country, and, with living expenses added, costs around 25 grand a year. I added about $5,000 though, because prices will go up before I start. So, let's say about $30,000. Then I looked at Emory, No. 22 in the country. I was eating a chip at the time, French Onion Sun Chips, which I didn't know I would like so much... but I digress. I was eating a chip and actually choked when I saw their estimated total expenses. $4,000 JUST FOR BOOKS! And the total? $63,998 per year. Add the $5,000 that it'll probably go up in the next few years, and that's almost $70,000 bucks for just one year of school. Holy crap, that's a sports car or a cheap condo. And after 3 years? I'd have to take out a quarter of a million dollars in loans to go there.. as opposed to just $90,000 for UGA Law. Add the cost to the networking opportunities available to me in Athens, and UGA is looking better and better.... I might become a "Double Dawg" just yet!

0 comments: