Day 47

12:39 AM Posted In , , Edit This 1 Comment »

This is Chili's White Chocolate Molten Cake. It's heaven on a plate - although I recommend sharing heaven with a buddy, because it's really hard to eat after consuming a meal at Chili's, which I firmly believe were proportioned for Brobdingnagians.


Saturday, I got up and went to breakfast at Tori's Place, just like pretty much every other Saturday. I've decided I rather like the tradition - it means I don't have to clean the kitchen. This was really one of the few high points of my day, sadly, because I was not home in store for a particularly exciting weekend. What was planned: getting my hair cut (yay!) and packing. Lots and lots of packing. Why? As you may know, we're getting new carpet and tile. This means, of course, that everything on the floor or on top/in any piece of furniture that must eventually be moved (all of it), had to be put in boxes. It took ten boxes for my books alone, so you can just imagine the rest of the house. I didn't realize just how much crap my family had managed to collect, or neglect to throw away, over the past 15 years. Cleaning out the garbage or garage sale material in a few weeks after the carpet has been replaced is just going to be SO much fun.


I did manage to escape for a little while. Other than getting my hair trimmed (I didn't just have split ends... I had the monster of all split ends. I didn't know hair could split 4 ways... but it can), I drove back to Athens that night for a friend's birthday dinner, where I had the White Chocolate Molten Cake, as well as honey BBQ chicken crispers... and now I really want some, thinking about it. But since it's about 1 AM, there will be no chicken crispers for me. =[

1 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

I redecorated (new carpet, paint, furniture) 3 years ago. I had to get everything out and never realized how much crap I had! I kept the good stuff, gave stuff to Goodwill and trashed the rest. Unfortunately, it only took 3 years to get more crap. lol!