Day 51

12:37 AM Posted In , , Edit This 1 Comment »


We're getting new phones! Well... my dad is, for his birthday, but it's something the whole family can use. Let me enlighten you as to why I'm so excited over something so, well,... lame. We have 6 rooms with phones in our house. Or we did at one point, anyway.


  1. Garage: The phone in the garage is an ancient rotary phone that was bought for my grandmother sometime in probably the 70s or 80s

  2. Kitchen: There are two phones in the kitchen. One of them is a Panasonic cordless piece of crap that you can't hear out of. But, it has Caller ID... so it lives in the kitchen. We don't actually use this phone though, no, we have another. We have two phones in our kitchen, because we don't have one that will do the job correctly. The second is to actually talk into, after you check the Caller ID phone to see who's calling.

  3. Master bedroom: Yet another ancient phone. It's corded, not rotary, thankfully, but you have to play fast fingers when you hit the buttons because if you press them for too long (especially the zero button), they'll dial the number twice. This is particularly annoying when your area code is 770.

  4. My bedroom: I have the best phone in the house. It's a fake rotary phone that looks a lot like that down there, except it's white... and prettier. No problems with my phone whatsoever!
  5. Computer room: Robin's egg blue rotary phone. Enough said.

  6. Upstairs bonus room: No longer has a phone, because when the piece of crap Panasonic went out in the kitchen, the one from the master bedroom became phone number two in the kitchen and the phone from upstairs went to the master bedroom.

See why I'm excited? The set my mom and I bought has three recievers - we can replace the ones in the kitchen, master bedroom, and computer room, and put the best of the old ones upstairs! Now to replace the 25 year old TV set in the living room that has a wooden console around it... I'll have a modern house yet!

1 comments:

J.J. in L.A. said...

Isn't getting new stuff fun? Even if it is a phone. lol!