Day 40

12:14 AM Posted In , , Edit This 3 Comments »


Is that not the biggest steak you've ever seen?! I didn't eat it all - I don't think I could have, even if I'd been starved for weeks on end, which I haven't been. It just blew my mind and I thought I'd share.

I haven't had the most eventful day. The high point was probably breakfast at Tori's Place this morning, followed by a family trip to Home Depot to pick out new carpet and linoleum. My mother and I failed at convincing my dad to install hardwood floors, after weeks of quite a decent bit of nagging, if I do say so myself. The deal was, though, that he either got the hardwood floor and left the wallpaper in the kitchen as is, or he went with all carpet and gets to paint it. Well, we're getting carpet... so he gets to strip wallpaper off a room with 20 foot ceilings. It's slightly amusing, although I have this really bad feeling yours truly is going to get recruited, and stripping wallpaper is up there with going to the DMV and to the gynecologist on my list of favorite things to do.

Other than that, I've been working on my wonderful Latin American history paper. I'm about halfway done in the actual writing part, but I had to finish the book as well as plan my outline, which took forever and a week. You know, I feel really sorry for people who are bedridden. After spending roughly five hours sitting on my bed working, punctuated only by dinner and the occasional trip to the bathroom, my rear end hurts like crap and my legs are cramped up. I couldn't imagine doing this for days or weeks! Charlie's grandparents in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory were strong people, indeed, and who cares if they couldn't walk (except for Grandpa Joe, who was faking the whole time)!

3 comments:

Michael said...

That steak sort of looks a little burnt and chewy. I'm mighty good at barbecues, perhaps I'll host one in a year or so and invite you when we're both in the UK. I'll cook a good steak for you, made to your desired wellness.

Michael.

J.J. in L.A. said...

Stephanie, you have an award waiting on my blog. : )

And let me know if you get an error...it's been an issue.

Stephanie said...

Actually, Michael, it was cooked perfectly! Almost medium rare, just like I like it. It's just a crappy picture cause it was on my phone.